See the rest of the exit surveys HERE.
1. Were you happy with the reviews that were published? How do you feel about your week as Record Club captain?
For sure. Normally when I submit something weird I expect a Joe/Nate/Sunny situation, but we're in a new era of Record Club. It's nice to see, and nice to see going strong almost halfway into the year.
2. How was the variety of opinions? A wide range, kinda samey, or somewhere in the middle?
Somewhere in the middle—people seemed generally favorable with different puts and takes on what they like or how much. Nate, as said previously, hit the mark on the overall Heidecker experience and delivery. I'm with Melissa that "Someone Who Can Handle You" is a lyrical stand-out. Kai's point, that the self-contrasting nature of the album could be off-putting, is valid (I'm pretty sure I've had the same feeling for previous RC albums, and not quite sure why I don't here). Walter discovering it's a concept album in real time was entertaining. Pam's relation to death from being a nurse is a strong unique perspective and seeing her come around on the album is neat. I generally agree it's a "mood-dependent" album of "sad dad" music, despite being ostensibly comedic. I'm "sad dad" sans children (i.e. sad lad).
3. Were there any differing opinions that made you view the album in a different light?
4. Was there anything about this album or this artist that you wished that people would've written about more?
I'd actually welcome more of Gary's Adult Swim talk. Maybe in a PoYB side column.
5. How do you feel about your album choice now that the week is over? A success? Any regrets?
Regrets? Nah this felt like a surprising success review wise. Last album before summer really starts is a weird comedy parody concept thing; now time for some more fun.
6. Any other takeaways from the reviews? Or from this experience in general?
After the week I am no longer afraid of dying. This has its pros and cons overall.
7.
What is an improvement that Record Club can make that would enhance
everyone's experience, either as a captain or as a listener/writer?
PoYB is under contract with a Private Equity LBO to streamline operations and unlock more shareholder value, after which time the yearly Taco Bell party will be sunsetted and replaced by a new monthly subscription taco package (PoYB Gold). Current PoYB subscribers will get 1 month free. Bundles are also available with Fatter, Older+ and RebaNation.

No comments:
Post a Comment