Friday, September 12, 2025

Plowing into the Field of Love, Gloria


I love being part of Record Club, but I hate the weeks when I feel like I'm giving a sort of half-assed review. I'm so sorry, this is another one of those weeks. I'm traveling for work this week, and that makes it a little easier to listen to the albums, but much harder to write about them. These are my thoughts on Plowing into the Field of Love in list form: 
  1. I loved the piano parts throughout—they were moody and driving. 
  2. A lot of the musicality stood out to me, particularly in small details like the trumpet coming through on "Glassy Eyed." Just beautiful. 
  3. I was shocked when the album ended and Spotify played other songs by this band: I wasn't familiar with Iceage, and it seems like this album was a departure from their typical sound.
  4. It captures a volatile sort of strength through both the lyrics and sound. 
  5. I really liked this album. It worked really well as an album and kept my attention, but some parts sounded repetitive; they probably could have cut a song or two to make it hit harder.

No comments: