Friday, September 26, 2025

M.B.D.T, Zach


For me, I think this album fulfills some of what PoYB has said it wants to accomplish through Record Club: people listening to music they wouldn't typically listen to, and learning how to listen to music while doing so. I may have that wrong, but I think that's part of the goal. Regardless, I didn't enjoy listening to this album. I felt like an old man, in that it hurt my ears, which is ironic considering that Nate, who chose it, is one day older than me. I would not put it on for easy listening, and I would not put it on for any real reason.

I don't like repetitive sounds that worm their way into my brain—I think that's the main point. It turns out I'm very sensitive to sound. Snoring, clocks ticking, televisions, it's all too much. This album feels like it came out of the wall and into my life as an uninvited guest. Too much extraneous sound that, for me, is unnecessary. This album is not for me, I guess, but it is for others.

No comments: