It's Election Day in America. I feel like I've been pretty negative in this column recently (I think posting on reddit is stupid; I think watching the Eagles is pointless; I think I'm just going to avoid the scene where the rest of my family argues about where we should mount the basement TV), and the looming election is probably why. The worst part is that I don't think it's going to get better tomorrow, regardless of which candidate prevails.
What I know right now is that this is not the time to get drunk. For real, seeing our country collapse through inebriated eyes would absolutely break me. I need some barriers to protect me. I need a session beer (and only one of them) to keep me sober. Even better—I need a koozie that distracts me from the label's possibly false promises of "victory," and Pam found the perfect one while unpacking:
It was just eight short years ago that I was posted up in a very crowded McGillin's, killing pitchers while Obama was racking up the electoral votes. Everyone was happy, so it didn't matter that everyone was drunk too. It was eight years ago, but it might as well be eighty. Tonight I will be sad. At least I'll be sober.
NOTES
BEER: Easy Ringer (there's something to be said about me being an easy ringer when it comes to believing in polls that are going to be waaaay off, but that wound is going to need a while to heal)
BEER: Easy Ringer (there's something to be said about me being an easy ringer when it comes to believing in polls that are going to be waaaay off, but that wound is going to need a while to heal)
STYLE: Lo-Cal American IPA
ABV: 4.3%
BREWED BY: Victory Brewing Company
ABV: 4.3%
BREWED BY: Victory Brewing Company
LOCATION: Downingtown, PA
PURCHASED AT: Oxford Beer (the final of the five beers from that Victory variety pack)
PAIRED WITH: hardboiled egg and bacon sandwich
GRADE: 2.5 pukes out of 5


No comments:
Post a Comment