It's time to vote for Record Club's annual Christmas album! We'll be reviewing the album the week of December 13th. Check out the email for your voting options, and then email or text me your choices (let me know if you aren't on the weekly email but want to be!).
But that's a few weeks away. For now, here's another album for you to check out. It's the week of Thanksgiving, so I understand if you're taking a break from Record Club this week. But if you're in quarantine and bored out of your mind, then go ahead and give it a listen. Archives are HERE, the playlist is HERE, and the new album is below.
WEEK 95 — November 22-28, 2020
What we're listening to this week (Joe's pick):
ARTIST: Lydia Loveless
RELEASED: September 25, 2020
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Country
WHY JOE PICKED IT: Since it's a short week, I wanted to break my usual personal rule and pick something that I've already listened to, but I also wanted to pick something that I felt deserved a few more listens and consideration than I had already given it. Daughter fit the bill. Also, Lydia Loveless was the very first artist that Pam and I reviewed in the first iteration of Record Club back in 2016, so I thought it might be cool to revisit her in a critical sense.
TRACKLIST:
- Dead Writer
- Love Is Not Enough
- Wringer
- Can't Think
- Say My Name
- Never
- Daughter
- When You're Gone
- September
- Don't Bother Mountain
LENGTH: 42:17
WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: Bandcamp
READING SOME SHIT: When the album was released a couple months ago, Loveless wrote something for Stereogum where she explained the meaning of every song.
Happy listening, fan! Have a great holiday week!

No comments:
Post a Comment