Sometimes, when shit gets frustrating, it's best to focus on a single task, pour all your energy into doing it right, and then when you are done you'll feel a lot better. There was a lot going on today—obviously—and I was starting to feel a little overwhelmed. So I picked one task and went outside and just did it. Took my time a little but, I'm not gonna lie, but I didn't dilly dally. I just got done what I needed to.
During this early afternoon hour on this beautiful day, I set about turning an outdoor Fisher Price toddler's slide into an indoor Fisher Price toddler's slide. First, I took it apart using a special Fisher Price-provided plastic tool. Then, I cut tiny holes in the bottom of the plastic sides to let the rainwater (gallons of it!) to escape (and honestly, the holes might have been too tiny—they kept clogging up with the mold and algae that had grown in the still water). Then, I wiped every little nook and cranny down with soap and water. Then, I put it all back together. Then, I brought it inside for Willow and Martha to slide down.
I spent the too-short hour it took me to do this with a Victory Cloud Walker, a pretty standard hazy IPA. Nothing special to it, just the same ol' citrusy unfiltered bullshit you get from every other hazy IPA. But man, context matters here, and to sit in the sunshine, on my new patio, working on cleaning a child's toy, while an actual horse(!) watched my progress, all of it made my beer taste pretty darn great.
NOTES
BEER: Cloud Walker
BEER: Cloud Walker
STYLE: New England IPA
ABV: 6.8%
BREWED BY: Victory Brewing Company
ABV: 6.8%
BREWED BY: Victory Brewing Company
LOCATION: Downingtown, PA
PURCHASED AT: Oxford Beer
PAIRED WITH: fresh air and farm air
GRADE: 2 pukes out of 5

No comments:
Post a Comment