My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, March 22, 2019
PUNK, Pam
Ok so the first time I listened to PUNK by CHAI, I was like... wtf am I listening to. I couldn’t take it seriously because it sounded really silly to me. And this was my first time listening to any J-pop. But I have to say, it’s grown on me. I have no idea what they’re singing about but with song names like "Great Job" and "Wintime," I can’t imagine it’s anything but positive. The first half of the album felt so much bigger and energetic than the second half, which fell a little flat for me. If every song sounded like "Choose Go!," this album would be great. And I hear so much of the Go! Team in "This is Chai" (JK and I have agreed to disagree on this), which is a little different than the sound on the rest of the album, but still really interesting. I honestly thought I was going to hate this album after hearing a taste but I gotta say... I enjoyed it.
Favorite songs: "Choose Go!," "I’m Me"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment