My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, March 15, 2019
Keep It Clean, Pam
I don’t know how to review a rap album because I barely listen to rap. But in my humble opinion, this album was great. It was upbeat and short and sweet. And there were NO skits (hey!). The first song, "The Cool," kind of made this album for me. It wasn’t what I was expecting at all—I was so pleasantly surprised, and it drew me in immediately. I don’t know if the title, Keep It Clean, has anything to do with this—but the language seemed more carefully planned and placed than some rap albums I’ve heard lately (ya know... "award"-winning/nominated albums). So much so that some of the language on those albums detracts from the music itself. Yeah, sorry... I’m a mom now. So nice work, Innanet James. Cool cool cool album. Thanks, Nate for this pick... shook things up a bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment