Sunday, October 13, 2019

Album of the Week: Essentials

I am always open to suggestions for albums to listen to in Record Club. Bring it on, friends! The only downfall of so many of you taking me up on my offer is that now the queue is like a month long. So when you let me know what album we should listen to, don't be surprised if you have to listen to like five other albums first. Bottom line—I am thankful for your participation.

Let's see what our a club member has lined up for us this week. (Or you can check out previous albums in the archives along the right sidebar—the full list, and divided by author!)

WEEK 37, 2019 — October 13-19, 2019

What we're listening to this week (Nate's pick):


ALBUM: Essentials
ARTIST: Erika de Casier

RELEASED: May 16, 2019

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: R&B and soul

WHY NATE PICKED IT: I challenged Nate to pick something he had never heard before, and he responded, "I choose Essentials by Erika de Casier. No idea what genre it is, or who she is. One of Gorilla Vs. Bear's top albums of 2019. I usually hate Gorilla Vs. Bear."

TRACKLIST:
  1. The Flow
  2. Do My Thing
  3. Good Time
  4. Little Bit
  5. Intimate
  6. Puppy Love
  7. Photo of You
  8. What U Wanna Do?
  9. Rainy
  10. Space
  11. Story of My Life
READING SOME SHIT: Apparently she is from Denmark. Here is an interview with a magazine in Denmark.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: