My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, October 4, 2019
1UP, Sara
First of all, a big thank you to Pam for finding this album. I was a really big T-Pain fan in college; in fact, one of my first interactions with my friend Maeve was asking her what her favorite T-Pain song is. Don't worry, I didn't live that down. (It's "Can't Believe It" ft. Lil Wayne.)
Honestly, the album is fun, but not very good. The beats are smooth enough to keep you bopping along at your desk, but the lyrics are mundane, weak, and repetitive. I will say though, I am imaging the song "It's My Dog Birthday" is literally about a little pupper in a cute birthday hat. T-Pain also sings a lot about doin' it and partying, which makes me think he would be a great candidate to be a part of our friend group. He might walk into a sloppy 30th birthday party a la Mike Scott and that is the ENERGY WE NEED going into 2020.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment