My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, October 4, 2019
1UP, Rachel S.
The album kicks off with so much autotune, I’m not sure how much is T-Pain and how much is the robot possibly being controlled by the Stranger Things-like monster on the front cover. But hey, I’m always here for the message of “be a better man.”
Track 2 really brought home the notion that I should NOT be listening to this at work without earphones. Whoops, y’all. There’s a lot of talk of parking lots and I doubt it’s the same as the Wawa parking lot off of Whitehall Road in Norristown I used to hang with my friends in high school—and now actively avoid for fear of running into said people from high school.
I don’t know what "U Up" means because I’m married!!!!
Okay, so now I’m at Track 4 and I’m still waiting for this album to slap. It does not.
"Be Your X" sounds like a moody song that teenagers would play on Tik Tok or something and make me feel old and out of touch!
Moving on, in my mind I really hope “It’s My Dog Birthday” really refers to an actual pupperino. Four-legged or two-legged, I do love the idea of a rapper dedicating a song to his BFF. Pop those bottles!
“We All We Got”—is this Eagles locker room chant infringement?
I can’t listen to this anymore because it’s all very samey and very much not my vibe. Less auto, more tune.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment