My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, February 22, 2019
Broken Bells, Laura
I've definitely heard this before! Which made me excited to keep listening and, at the same time, curious as to where/when/how I heard some of these songs. I couldn't pinpoint it or find out by looking into it more, but either way that didn't change my review of this album. Although, overall I did enjoy listening and would be completely fine with listening again in the future, I felt that I needed to repeatedly tell myself that this wasn't the Shins and that this was a "different band" (with the same lead singer). Broken Bells is the Shins with a little more (sometimes misplaced) funk. I'm not completely sold on Broken Bells (mainly because I played out the Shins years ago) but would be interested to listen to their other albums to hear if they branch out more from their Shins-vibe or if they all sound the same.
Favorite Tracks: "The High Road" and "The Ghost Inside"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment