Saturday, June 6, 2020

Bonus Song of the Week: "The Crowd" (by Jamie)



"The Crowd"
Wells Fargo
from Watch Out!
Compiled in 2017

Here's not a review per se, but a Watch Out!-related thought:

I loved this album, especially "The Crowd," which is the song of the summer 2020. I like the song so much that I decided to learn how to play it. There were no tabs or chords I could find on the internet, but there were also no lyrics for the song that I could find in a three minute google search.

I'll spare you my rendition of the best song of the year, but I will share my likely flawed transcription of the lyrics. I'm sure I goofed some of them, but this version works for me. Minus the loving/touching/sharing/losing section, the rest of the lyrics seem like they're reflecting feelings I had while attending and observing protests this past week.

"Maybe that's because you projected your own sentiments into lyrics you couldn't make out!" you're saying! Maybe! Either way this song is rad. More crowds please.

"The Crowd"

I can't see no body
I can't hear no one
I just stand and feel tall
Suddenly love me?

The crowd
The crowd
Sea of faces
A circle of friends that reach out
for love

Do you know?
Do you know?
Just dying inside
Waiting outside
For love

They all want to love you
They all want to touch you
I don't want to share you
I don't want to lose you

The crowd
The crowd
Sea of faces
A circle of friends that reach out
for love

Do you know?
Do you know?
Just dying inside
Waiting outside
For love

They all want to love you
They all want to touch you
I don't want to share you
I don't want to lose you

The crowd
The crowd
Sea of faces
A circle of friends that reach out
for love

Do you know?
Do you know?
Just dying inside
Waiting outside
For love

No comments: