What did you do this summer? I learned to crochet, read the entire Game Changer series (well, I'm finishing the sixth book tonight and I need to talk to people about it), had a lovely vacation in Lancaster, saw Death Cab for Cutie in concert, and remembered how to like things again. I also listened to this incredibly mid album by the Strokes.
I'm not too familiar with the Strokes' catalog outside of their big hits. And of course, Julian Casablancas' collab with the Lonely Island, "Boombox," which is arguably better than anything on this album. I like Casablancas' voice normally, but I was really turned off by his reliance on Auto-Tune for most of these tracks. Is this always what the Strokes sound like? It felt both dated and too similar to the garbage uncanny-valley AI-generated music I've been hearing in the wild. Everything else was just kind of boring.
I'm just going to say what we're all thinking: the true album of the summer is Death Cab for Cutie's I Built You a Tower. This blog is a prison!

No comments:
Post a Comment