Monday, September 14, 2026

In My Place 256

September 13, 2026. 40.08118, -75.08598. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.


It's hilarious, because you can even tell from the google earth map that I used to accurately place the pin for today's picture, that there are supposed to be flat stepping stone pavers here. Indeed, there are, but whichever landscaping mope my parents hired this late in the season for an average of $25/week fee apparently didn't bother to use a weedwhacker. They could just ask me, and it would make sense to do so, since I owe them a lot, and I would drop a whole number of things in order to go over there and whack weeds for an average of $0/week fee. But asking people for favors is less convenient, emotionally speaking, then just paying someone to do something, even if the person you're paying is doing a shitty job. I know how they are thinking, because I think the same way, and if it came to the point that I was physically unable to do lawn work, I'd pay some neighborhood jabroni $25 to cut my lawn rather than ask a friend or family member to weedwhack for free. Emotions too complex to parse through right now, on this tossed-off blog post.

No comments: