Prompt: "The song you think of when you hear the word 'emo'"
Selected by Bob
"Way Away"
Yellowcard
Ocean Avenue, 2003
I know I'm going popular here, but this song was🔥when I first heard it. This used to be on one of the Madden soundtracks. I think possibly 2004, and I think it was either Michael Vick or McNabb on the front cover.
Madden soundtracks used to be church. Good songs. Also a good mix of songs. Now it's all rap and like EDM techno bullshit. Not that I hate either genre, but mix it up a bit.
A lot of memories playing Madden. Smoking and playing Madden. Drinking and playing Madden. Etc., lol. This is a hard prompt because I was in sixth grade when it was like prime emo.
3 comments:
You might appreciate this, Bob. When I was younger, I was fascinated with the "Wall of Death," the moshing technique at metal concerts where the audience would split in two and run at each other as fast as they can. I must have watched a short documentary on it or something. Or maybe it was a segment on one of those VH1 clip show things. In any case, the thing that I watched, after showing huge Walls of Death at concerts such as Lamb of God and Exodus, also included a brief clip of the Wall of Death also being performed at... a Yellowcard concert. Which is pretty funny, generally, and thus has always been the thing I think of whenever I hear Yellowcard.
I have been in a wall of death. It’s very very fun
Lackluster wall but… still funny that it’s at a yellow card concert
Post a Comment