Sunday, January 10, 2021

Album of the Week: Not Even Regret

How's everyone doing with their New Year's resolutions? It's not too late to start some new ones, like, say you want to commit to writing for Record Club every week this year. It's not too late! You could probably retroactively write a Silver Ladders review in like 30 minutes!
 
(For me, one of my resolutions is to finally spend some time backing up every post from this blog onto Word documents, because I just have this really vivid fear that one day Blogger is going to shut down, and I don't want all your hard work on these reviews to disappear!)

Alright, we got the playlist for you to listen to, the archives for you to explore, and a new album below. Pretty interesting reason for the album pick this week, check it out!

WEEK 102 — January 10-16, 2021

What we're listening to this week (Nate's pick):


ALBUM:
Not Even Regret
ARTIST: Hidden Things

RELEASED: December 11, 2020

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: I have to assume some substrain of rock

WHY NATE PICKED IT: "I've been up since 2 AM and this is what I'm listening to now. FULL DISCLOSURE: This is my uncle's band, so savaging the record on the blog would be a great opportunity to dunk on me and my family."

TRACKLIST:
  1. One Last Try
  2. Outta Luck
  3. Good/Bad Faith
  4. Bad Advice
  5. Come Back (If You Can)
  6. Time Well Wasted
  7. We're Losing
  8. Losing Track of Time
  9. Can't Go Out Tonight
  10. Sleeping Dogs
  11. Social Crimes
  12. Hoping, Waiting
LENGTH: 33:46

WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: Bandcamp

READING SOME SHIT: Nate points us toward a blog called Music for the Misfits, where Hidden Things shares his message of empathy.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: