My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, July 26, 2019
Wasteland, Baby!, Pam
Wasteland, Baby! fits somewhere into the same musical realm as John Mayer for me. With music that’s easy to listen to, catchy, and with a singer whose sultry vocals caters to female listeners. Although the album is lengthy—it pains me to say this—I found it easier to take in than the National’s I Am Easy to Find, which was reviewed in previous weeks. Not so easy for me to find, as it turns out. I’m not as cool as I want to be. Songs like “Almost (Sweet Music)” remind me why Hozier appeals to me, whereas the title track gives me a sense of the evolution of Hozier as an artist, with a softer, less polished sound. Wasteland, Baby!, like the Outlander of alternative albums, is rustic, sexy, and perhaps a guilty pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment