Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Summer Song Challenge, Day 23: Pat

Prompt: "A song from an artist/band with more than four words in their name"

Selected by Pat


"Bad to the Bone"
George Thorogood and the Destroyers
Bad to the Bone, 1982

We're all thinking it, so I'll just say it: Ocean City, Maryland is better than Ocean City, New Jersey. And I'm not making some hack argument about tourists or whatever version of Jersey Shore is still running on MTV after fourteen years. OCMD is objectively better. It's bigger. It has superior food. It has free beaches. You are allowed to buy alcohol within city limits. The town is separated from the mainland by the incredibly named Assawoman Bay. The list goes on. The only remotely compelling thing I've heard about OCNJ was in a rumor in high school that because it's a "dry" town, the cops weren't allowed to carry breathalyzers or cite people for drinking. The kids who swore by this were, coincidentally, the same kids who weren't allowed to get drivers licenses until they were 21.

No comments: