Prompt: "A song that probably should have been playing the first time you had sex"
Selected by Pat
"The Rubberband Man"
The Spinners
Happiness Is Being with the Spinners, 1976
I genuinely cannot remember if I wore a condom the first time I had full-on penis-in-vagina sex. I'm pretty certain I did, but the specific memory is lost. It's funny what details you retain as life goes on. I can't remember anything about my high school graduation, but I recall the name of that kid who once asked me to sit up straight in science class so that he could chew tobacco without the teacher noticing (Jim O.). Anyway, on the unlikely but impossible to disprove chance that I was going in raw dog my first time, this essential funk/soul anthem would have reminded me to whip out a rubber and wrap it up. Also, at seven-and-a-half minutes long, "The Rubberband Man" would have covered the whole sexual encounter with time to spare.
No comments:
Post a Comment