Not often around here that a blog post functions as a straight-up recommendation. Let's do that today. I am recommending something to you. I have no deeper or more interesting thoughts on this piece of entertainment besides the undeniable fact that it is good and you should spend a few minutes watching it.
I've never been a fan of Zootopia, mostly because copaganda in children's entertainment makes me feel pretty uncomfortable (looking at you, Bootlicker Bl*ppi). But I've seen it a few dozen times anyway because that's how shit works in this house. And so we've slowly been working our way through the new Zootopia+ shorts, each of which star a tertiary character, and flesh out the plot of the original movie a little bit. Surprisingly more hits than misses for this thing.
I've never been a fan of Zootopia, mostly because copaganda in children's entertainment makes me feel pretty uncomfortable (looking at you, Bootlicker Bl*ppi). But I've seen it a few dozen times anyway because that's how shit works in this house. And so we've slowly been working our way through the new Zootopia+ shorts, each of which star a tertiary character, and flesh out the plot of the original movie a little bit. Surprisingly more hits than misses for this thing.
The biggest hit, and maybe one of my favorite pieces of entertainment that I have consumed in 2022 in general, is Episode 3, entitled "Duke the Musical." It's basically Zootopia's weasel character (voiced then and now by Alan Tudyk, who has voiced some pretty thankless roles in Disney films recently) doing a Broadway musical.
I thought today might be a good day to sell this to you, since 1) Frank and I did some light discussion of musicals in today's other blog post, 2) today is the end of my semester and I plan on spending a lot more time supine on the couch watching bullshit like "Duke the Musical" for the next five weeks, 3) I don't have a third reason. It's a goddamn blog. I'm recommending to you a ten-minute children's short. Just watch it. Who gives a fuck?
I thought today might be a good day to sell this to you, since 1) Frank and I did some light discussion of musicals in today's other blog post, 2) today is the end of my semester and I plan on spending a lot more time supine on the couch watching bullshit like "Duke the Musical" for the next five weeks, 3) I don't have a third reason. It's a goddamn blog. I'm recommending to you a ten-minute children's short. Just watch it. Who gives a fuck?
Check it out on your Disney+ subscription, or "legally" stream it HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment