Prompt: "A live version that just hits better than the official version"
Selected by Bob
"Prayer of the Refugee"
Rise Against
originally from The Sufferer & the Witness, 2005
Going with another staple for me. Rise against is one of my favorite bands and has been for years. Their song "Savior" got me hooked.
I'm not sure if this song is on any album live but I remember seeing them at BB&T with Jenn. She got me tickets for Xmas, and this song in person slapped so fucking hard. There is a guitar solo like towards the end of the original song, but live, the guitarist went for a few minutes, and I still get the goosebumps when I think of it. I wish they had smart phones then so I could have taped it.
Also this band isn't like usual rock metal bands. They are all vegan, straight-edge dudes who just like to jam out, which I think is pretty different and cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment