My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, November 15, 2019
Saves the World, Sam
I want someone to care. If I am devoting my attention to you, I don't want mealy-mouthed meek bullshit. I demand to be punched in the mouth with your fury, ideas, passions.
Though MUNA doesn't clobber me in the face, the band at least rudely bumps into my shoulder when I wasn't expecting it. Saves the World combines some meandering Rufus Wainwright dirges and hook-less Haim songs. But it also packs a punch when the singer gives a fuck about what she's singing about.
The more uptempo and bothered she gets, the more I am intrigued. "Pink Light" and "Who" push the pace. "Never" and "Hands Off" make me want to hit snooze.
As a whole, there's a consistent tone and I'm never annoyed to be listening. But I need more story like in "Taken"—a third party's interesting take on adultery—to really dig in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment