This being a democracy, I love how Record Club can afford different friends to bring to the group so many different genres of music. This week, Brittany brings some post-hardcore to the table. Do you like this type of music? I personally have no idea if I do, but gosh, am I excited to find out.
As always, if you're looking for music we've already gone through, you can check out any of the archives on the right side of your screen. Otherwise, read on, and enjoy. (A third option this week is that you can come back on Tuesday to read an interview with Brittany about her favorite movie of all time, since I guess this is apparently Brittany Week here on Puke on Your Birthday.)
As always, if you're looking for music we've already gone through, you can check out any of the archives on the right side of your screen. Otherwise, read on, and enjoy. (A third option this week is that you can come back on Tuesday to read an interview with Brittany about her favorite movie of all time, since I guess this is apparently Brittany Week here on Puke on Your Birthday.)
WEEK 32: September 8-14, 2019
What we're listening to this week (Brittany's pick):
ALBUM: Arbiter
ARTIST: Hopesfall
RELEASED: July 13, 2018
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Post-hardcore
WHY BRITTANY PICKED IT: "I have their album The Satellite Years. Honestly, I can't remember if I bought it or my brother did. Pretty sure it was me. And I was cleaning out my storage unit two years ago and came across it. And a year later, they released Arbiter. They hadn't released an album in eleven years. I've heard good things about it from friends. And I love 'H.A. Wallace Space Academy' off the album, but haven't sat down and listened to the entire thing."
TRACKLIST:
ALBUM: Arbiter
ARTIST: Hopesfall
RELEASED: July 13, 2018
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Post-hardcore
WHY BRITTANY PICKED IT: "I have their album The Satellite Years. Honestly, I can't remember if I bought it or my brother did. Pretty sure it was me. And I was cleaning out my storage unit two years ago and came across it. And a year later, they released Arbiter. They hadn't released an album in eleven years. I've heard good things about it from friends. And I love 'H.A. Wallace Space Academy' off the album, but haven't sat down and listened to the entire thing."
TRACKLIST:
- Faint Object Camera
- H.A. Wallace Space Academy
- Bradley Fighting Vehicle
- C.S. Lucky-One
- I Catapult
- Tunguska
- Aphelion
- Drowning Potential
- To Bloom
- Indignation and the Rise of the Arbiter
READING SOME SHIT: So apparently this band had a tough break-up in the '00s and it was a weird road back for them, and you can read all about it in this interview with New Noise.
Happy listening fam! Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment