Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Yearlong Song Challenge, Day 80: Bridget

Prompt: "A song about platonic love"

Selected by Bridget


"The Boys Are Back in Town"
Thin Lizzy
Jailbreak, 1976

This song has everything! The boys, summertime, girls shakin' it, Johnny getting slapped in the face! Ya love to see it! It's fun to think about how excited these sweet friends were to all be together again for the summer. The lyrics are a mix of current and past stories of a group of friends all getting together again. I want to hang out at Dino's Bar and see what these crazy cats are getting up to! I wonder what my version of this song would be? The loud one's back in town maybe? It doesn't hit as hard as the earworm that is "the boys are back in town."

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love Bridget blogs because I can hear her when I read them.

Pat said...

Obligated to post this story