We are rapidly approaching Record Club's 500th album review. I won't tell you exactly where we are right now, but I can tell you that we will be getting there in the next couple weeks. Whoever writes our 500th review will receive a $5.00 gift card to Wawa from me in your email. One cent for every little piece of joy y'all have given me over the past 2.25 years. Use it as motivation to write!!
Of course, if you are here just to listen and not to write, then of course you are still welcome—you'll just have to pay full price for your Shorti. For all you listeners and writers and lost internet travelers: the archives are HERE, the playlist is HERE, and the new album is below.
WEEK 121 — May 23-29, 2021
What we're listening to this week (Sam's pick):
ARTIST: Fastball
RELEASED: October 18, 2019
WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Alternative rock
WHY SAME PICKED IT: "It wasn't a question of whether I would pick a Fastball album, just which one." [Editor's note: Sam has mentioned this band at least twice before.]
TRACKLIST:
- Friend of Foe
- White Collar
- Holding the Devil's Hand
- Redeemed
- All Gone Fuzzy
- Help Machine
- Surprise Surprise
- The Girl You Pretended to Be
- I Go South
- Doesn't It Make You Feel Small
- Never Say Never
LENGTH: 35:42
WHERE TO LISTEN FOR FREE: YouTube
READING SOME SHIT: Hmm... I guess I would normally link to one of the first hits on a Google search like "fastball interview 2019," but there wasn't much there. I guess it's been a long time since "The Way." Yes, it is this band that does that song from 1998. So you can listen to that song, or you can read a 20th anniversary retrospective via local Austin press, or you can read an interview from 2017 about the album previous to The Help Machine (though, c'mon, would the answers really be all that different in 2019?).
Happy listening, fam! Have a great day!

No comments:
Post a Comment