Friday, March 3, 2023

Honest, Sam


Upon reading Nate's description of Future: "Beyoncé for Boys?" Fuck, Nate. I can't name one Future song, know any global drama featuring Future, nor are my parents aware of this dude. And for those reasons, I am out.

Upon listening to Future: Hmm. This album is pretty dope. Every song is perfect to dance like I am pretending to run. Is he the Beyoncé for Boys?

Upon further reflection: Future is not Beyoncé for Boys. Nate is still wrong. But Future is good, and I'm happy to know him.

Post-script: Who is the Beyoncé for Boys? It's sad to say Drake. So maybe Justin Bieber. Or Kanye? This question is fraught.

1 comment:

Rachel S. said...

I think Tom Brady is Beyonce for boys. Which is an unfortunate insult to Beyonce because that man is a white supremacist. But the often blind reverie, the "GOAT" status, the hands in multiple industries...it fits.