First and foremost, does Mandy meet Zach's criterion for his summer album? Is she the right artist to sate the Zach AI chatbot's needs?
Mandy rode in high on star power, and probably that she was the first choice on the survey. I agree LDR would have been a better slot in here for multiple reasons, but so it goes.
I'll tell you, the people around me weren't so into this. At work, they told me to turn it off. At dinner, Kelsey said she didn't like it, kept saying the "mixing" was awful. A private listen, strangely.
I mean, it's totally fine, but also totally whatever. An odd mix of pop, country, folk, and some Mandy potpourri. Songs like "Break Your Heart" certainly sound like something that would be on the radio, and yet.
Is "Indian Summer" a cover from that Pussy Cats album? A quick check reveals No, not at all. Not sure where that association came from in my brain. It's just not quite stitched together. Anyway, Mandy has a nice voice, all the haters around me agreed on that. A voice and a face that's better for network TV than music videos; that's a compliment, genuinely, but I'm not going back to the well here.

No comments:
Post a Comment