Wednesday, June 17, 2026

In My Place 167

June 16, 2026. 39.94752, -75.17512. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.


Endings are hard, hard as in difficult to pull off satisfactorily, endings in art and literature and life, difficult because nothing ever ends, it lives on, the last page turns and the credits roll and we're done externally interacting but not internally interacting, mulling it over, and, if you're lucky, talking it over with friends, friends who care, friends who show up, see it through to the end, till you're at a public reading of the book you just read together for a year and yes you recognize some of the words being read yes and it's a beautiful day yes and yes I would probably read it again yes yes I would yes and I will yes always remember certain parts of the book like the ending that ended with a Yes and it meant something yes it meant everything yes and here I am at the end Yes.

No comments: