Wow, wow, wow! I think the biggest takeaway of this week is to gently remind ourselves that the national reading level is around eighth grade. OK? It makes sense when you think of it, because Beautifully Broken sounds like a couple of high schoolers writing their feelings. The songs were elementary and basic. The featured artists were tired and old. The album art is giving 2012 Watch the Throne. A nothing album! I will openly admit that I cried on the first listen of "Winning Streak," but I think it has way more to do with recent family events and PMS. A weak moment, doubt Nate cried. May his streak stay intact.
I'm really disappointed at how awful the album is because I really love Jelly Rolls voice. I'm disappointed at how awful the album is because I think men should be able to freely express their emotions. I'm disappointed at this album because the theme of addiction and self-acceptance is important. But alas, this was a hokey, AI-sounding mess.
Listen to this album if you want to audibly groan when mgk starts singing on "Time of Day."
1 out of 5 Big Brens

No comments:
Post a Comment