"...and then we moved to Lubbock, which was tough on my family. But it didn't matter, because I still made the volleyball team. And we went 11 and 0, which is how I got the nickname 'White Thunder.' And—"
"So, in answer to the question, 'Have you ever been accused of committing a crime?', the answer would be no."
"Yes."
Yes indeed. Look, I love Judge Stephen Tobolowsky. As far as I'm concerned, he's the best one-off guest character in any sitcom in television history. But by cutting off Barbara Jean during her monologue, he really did deprive us of some really crucial information about Barbara Jean and her upbringing. Why was Lubbock tough on her family? Did her height contribute to her skills on the volleyball court? Why was she known as "White Thunder"?! I need to know!
The craziest part about this blog project is that we'll never know. All we have is the information contained in this short 20-minute-and-44-second episode. Other than that, we have to make it up.
I mean, what other options do I have? It's not like Puke on Your Birthday can ask Barbara Jean herself for the information, right?
Right?
Right...?
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
Barbara Jean, I have a request. Can you finish the monologue?
Your honor, please enter all this information into the Grannies Gone Wild canon.

4 comments:
holy fuck
Worlds collapsing on themselves.
this makes me very happy
One of my favorite things I've seen on this blog.
Post a Comment