Thinking about the idea of living "somewhere else." Like, even temporarily. Or stretch the idea even further and say "sleeping somewhere else" (since the idea of "sleeping somewhere" is often attached to "where you live"). There was a time in my life when "sleeping somewhere else" was a regular occurrence. I don't really do that anymore. 99% of my nights spent in my own bed (or, like, one of the kids' beds after I get kicked out of my own because she's "afraid of the dark and wants to sleep with mommy" or whatever, or sometimes on the couch because the kid bed that I'm banished too is hurting my back). That's a symptom of getting older, I know. The other 1% of my nights are vacation nights, like last night, and tonight, here at this bed and breakfast. It's healthy to live somewhere else, even for a weekend. Healthy to get a sense of other ways of life. Healthy to break the routine, step outside yourself. I don't know if I could live in a place like this full time, but it's interesting to think about it, to experience, for just a little bit.
Sunday, October 11, 2026
In My Place 283
October 10, 2026. 40.8511, -76.58477. See the updated map here. See all the blog posts here.
Thinking about the idea of living "somewhere else." Like, even temporarily. Or stretch the idea even further and say "sleeping somewhere else" (since the idea of "sleeping somewhere" is often attached to "where you live"). There was a time in my life when "sleeping somewhere else" was a regular occurrence. I don't really do that anymore. 99% of my nights spent in my own bed (or, like, one of the kids' beds after I get kicked out of my own because she's "afraid of the dark and wants to sleep with mommy" or whatever, or sometimes on the couch because the kid bed that I'm banished too is hurting my back). That's a symptom of getting older, I know. The other 1% of my nights are vacation nights, like last night, and tonight, here at this bed and breakfast. It's healthy to live somewhere else, even for a weekend. Healthy to get a sense of other ways of life. Healthy to break the routine, step outside yourself. I don't know if I could live in a place like this full time, but it's interesting to think about it, to experience, for just a little bit.
Thinking about the idea of living "somewhere else." Like, even temporarily. Or stretch the idea even further and say "sleeping somewhere else" (since the idea of "sleeping somewhere" is often attached to "where you live"). There was a time in my life when "sleeping somewhere else" was a regular occurrence. I don't really do that anymore. 99% of my nights spent in my own bed (or, like, one of the kids' beds after I get kicked out of my own because she's "afraid of the dark and wants to sleep with mommy" or whatever, or sometimes on the couch because the kid bed that I'm banished too is hurting my back). That's a symptom of getting older, I know. The other 1% of my nights are vacation nights, like last night, and tonight, here at this bed and breakfast. It's healthy to live somewhere else, even for a weekend. Healthy to get a sense of other ways of life. Healthy to break the routine, step outside yourself. I don't know if I could live in a place like this full time, but it's interesting to think about it, to experience, for just a little bit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment