Never remind someone of a better album while you're making your album, that's an easy rule to follow; at least keep it to yourself.
I think about that movie Kingsmen: blah blah subtitle sometimes, a movie the right mix of dumb and showy to be fun, out at the right time. In that movie (and I guess others, like the Nic Cage parents one and the kids one coming out soon) some "event" causes people to go full ass kill mode riot. In kinsmen in particular it's like a brain chip plus a song Samuel Jackson plays that makes people go murder-zone. Anyway, I don't think this Train album is bad in some technical sense, but the more I listen to it, the more irrationally upset I get. If the magic or tech was available to make the Kingsguys movie plot happen, my situation would be backdropped by Train, not Lynyrd (oh god, train doing freebird, oh dear god).

No comments:
Post a Comment