Friday, May 6, 2022

Пушка, Pam


The overall feeling that alyona alyona gives off is that she's pretty much a badass. She's a talented badass who not only raps, but also sings. As I drove around Montgomery County yesterday, windows down, NOT in the minivan, listening to Пушка, I felt cool. I felt mysterious. I guess mysterious is a good word to describe this rap album. Mainly because I have no idea what she's rapping about. Since I don't speak Ukrainian, I can only assume that my own ideals align with what alyona alyona is rapping about. I think, however, that given a few context clues, I probably assume correctly. alyona alyona is young, she's female, and she's a rapper. Plus, I just get a feeling in my gut when I listen to her that what she's rapping about matters. Listening to her flow, her intensity, and the timbre of her voice, and keeping in mind those context clues, I think that yes yes, I enjoyed alyona alyona this week. During a week where we, as women, are constantly reminded that all our lives we have to fight, it's nice to have someone like alyona alyona in our corner.

No comments: