I would love comments on this one. Am I crazy? How can I make it better? Is it creepy? I tried hard to make it not creepy. I'm so excited and scared. It's very out of my comfort zone, and people I know will for sure see it.
*********
TO BE POSTED ON SECRET TEL AVIV, A FACEBOOK GROUP WITH NEARLY 580,000 MEMBERS:
I'm going to a Purim party and I want you to be my +1!
THE FACTS: My company Purim party is next Wednesday. Every employee gets to bring along a guest. I want to go with a woman I've never met before. Do you want to be my plus +1?
MORE FACTS: There will be unlimited food and drinks! A performance from a stand-up comedian! A DJ! A costume contest! And all my coworkers, who are lovely people.
WHERE IS THIS? Modi'in. I'll make sure your transportation there/back is covered.
WHY AM I DOING THIS? I crave adventure and I like meeting new people. Posting this checks both those boxes. Could I invite a friend I already know? For sure! But doing this is way more fun and interesting.
IS THIS A DATE? Yes and no. Yes, because you'll be my +1 to the party, but no, because I have no expectations a future romantic connection will come from this. We'll go to the party, have a good time, and leave. We don't even have to keep each other's numbers. That's all.
THE MOST BASIC POSSIBLE FACTS ABOUT ME: I'm 38 and live in Tel Aviv.
Take a look at my profile and send me a message! I'll answer any questions you have.

10 comments:
This post demands an update when you have one! I'm really curious to see if anyone responds to the request.
It is neither crazy nor creepy. If no one responds, it won't be because of either of those things. It will be because no one is brave enough to take a chance.
What's missing here is "why would YOU want to do this." You explain what the event is, what is included, and why you are doing this, but the extra step is explaining why someone else would want to say yes to this. Some ideas: you like low-stakes adventure, you'd like the opportunity to road-test a new personality in front of strangers you need not ever see again, you'd like a story to tell at parties and weddings, you struggle to make friends in your late-30s and would welcome a small-commitment opportunity to do so, you're a natural extrovert, etc etc etc. Center the personal on what the potential guest might gain and I think you'll attract more attention
Interesting call Nate. It may be too late but I like the feedback - Zach
I fear I am too late but my only feedback would be change "I want to go with a woman I've never met before." to something a little different like "I'm looking for a platonic date" or something else. Otherwise, gooooo Zach!!! Way to put yourself out there. Hope it goes well!
I agree with the other comments and like Nate's idea. This is not creepy and could be really cool! I'm curious how you will make sure that someone you never met is someone you'd want to bring around your coworkers
UPDATE: We are up to 332 likes, 75 comments (until they were turned off), and 20 messages.
I didn't like the 'woman' comment either but couldn't figure out another way. Ah well - I need to fast track a request for feedback to you next time
Well, tell you what, we can all eat shit.
20 messages!! Wooooo!!!!! Hopefully there's a fun match in there
Meant to respond to this too - I think I'll give a call first to the person I want just to make sure they're not terrible in some way, but at the end of the day I wouldn't mind quitting my job anyway, so the stakes feel pretty low
Post a Comment