Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Summer Song Challenge, Day 51: Pat

Prompt: "A song with a shape in the title"

Selected by Pat


"Tubular Bells" (live version)
Mike Oldfield
studio version from Tubular Bells, 1973

[Note: I originally chose "Tubular Bells, Part One," but didn't realize it is 26 minutes long. Fucking prog rock. We will be using this much shorter live version I found.]

I learned a lot in my junior year geometry class from my teacher, Mr. Quinn. I learned his father was a Philadelphia police captain. I learned his brother was really good at billiards, but also had a terrible cocaine addiction. I learned Mr. Quinn couldn't explain what his wife did for work in less than two sentences, but that she did make a lot more money than he did. I learned that if you shave your head, sometimes the hair doesn't grow back. I learned all of this and more, but I didn't learn fucking shit about geometry. Is a tube a shape? Sure. I've never heard otherwise.

1 comment:

Fisher said...

πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏ✊🏿