Friday, March 26, 2021

Long Season, Brian


Hm okay so I'm sorry I made everyone listen to this bad mushroom trip of an album that appears to be recorded in the bathroom of a public pool, but also it was pretty funny and I laughed a lot. Part Broken Social Scene, part Super Mario Sunshine, fully meant for a playlist titled "BONG SEASON," I thought adding the sounds of taking a shit after pulling off your bathing suit was an interesting touch. Fishmans are undoubtedly best consumed after four beers at 6:30 PM at what you were told was a local music festival but what is really just "some guy's barn," or through a hazy 2 PM backseat bowl rip in your friend's car when you're nineteen with all the windows down so it doesn't smell when he goes to work later. There's something sweaty yet soothing about all of this either way, it's kinda silly at first but still familiar to me and there are always worse ways to spend a half hr with your friends. 3ish pukes off 5ish beers.

No comments: