My baby used to dance underneath my architecture, we lost track of space, we lost track of time.
Friday, June 21, 2019
Years to Burn, Pam
Years to Burn is yet another chill, acoustic, folky album from Iron & Wine. I've never listened to Calexico before this so I can’t say much in the department of whether this is anything different for them. And honestly, the album featured less Calexico than I was hoping for when I chose it. Typically, Iron & Wine are a bit on the sad sounding side for artists. Appropriate music for moody college kids, amiright? Their previous album, Beast Epic, was a total surprise and quite possibly an outlier in terms of both excitement and my own enjoyment (both being more prevalent than usual for Iron & Wine listening). But Years to Burn kinda ended up sounding like all the rest of their albums before that. I did like the Tejano flair that Calexico added to a number of songs. I also liked that the album itself was short—had it been longer I think it would have put me to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment