Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Beard

above: "I'll take that as a compliment"

In July, I got lazy and allowed my scruff to snowball into a full-on beard.

It was a noble experiment. Mainly, it was an excuse for people to come up with "clever" nicknames for me. Oh boy, y'all have such wit.

Some nicknames:
  • Abe Lincoln
  • caveman
  • Rabbi Joseph
  • General Lee
  • Grizzly Adams
  • Indie Jesus
  • Scruff McGruff
  • Louie Pasteur (I kid you not)
  • others, less clever
Yes, I get it. I look like many people because of my facial hair.

Things the beard has accomplished:
  • allowed me to go though a huge dry spell
  • made a whole dining room of old people call me ugly
  • allowed me to hear constant opinions from people whom I do and do not care about
  • made me itchy
  • made me a sloppier drinker than I already was
  • scared all the freshman women away
  • gave me a bunch of new nicknames and made people feel good about themselves for coming up with such witty names
I'm glad you all lead such frivolous lives that my hair is a huge source of amusement


Of course, this is stupid, because if it bothered me that much, I could just shave it. Though, I'm sure when I do, it will make the front page of the Inquirer.

2 comments:

Joe K said...

Did I forget any nicknames?

Nick G. said...

I think I may have called you "shoe-bomber Richard Reid" once. Or at least I thought it.