Thursday, April 2, 2020

This Is My Blood: Percy Pils


Pam and I continued our four-day beer/cheese pairing marathon today, with another local cheese paired with a beer brewed at Triple Bottom over there in Philly's brewery row. Like we said yesterday, it seems like the pairings get better the more intense the flavors get, so I was excited to try again after yesterday's slight disappointment.

Another great point the book makes is that craft beer and craft cheese are both often made by people who are passionate about their craft, and can be found locally. Just like I enjoy discovering new beers in my backyard, I also like reading about these cheeses. You can tell that these guys are proud of the cheese they are making.

Today's cheese was "Shepherd's Delight" from Revittle Creamery in Harrisburg. It was paired with a Percy Pils, a real beery-tasting beer (get that fucking lemon bullshit out of here, give a goddamn beer) with a bit of spice. This was a better pairing, both about medium in intensity. Most importantly, though, was the fact that both were made with care and love and pride. I would be happy with Miller Lite and Shoprite American Cheese, but damn does it feel good to eat and drink this craft shit.

NOTES

BEER: Percy Pils

GENRE: Kellerbier

ABV: 5.4%

BREWED BY: Triple Bottom Brewing

LOCATION: On my bike ride home

PURCHASED AT: Out of the side window of the brewery

PAIRED WITH: Shepherd's delight cheese (plus some lemon chicken kale soup, which tasted great but did not pair well with this beer)

GRADE: 3 puke out of 5

BEER COUNT: 139

No comments: