I'm spending fifteen hours a day with screaming kids and I have very little time for blogging. My two-a-day New Year's Resolution is hanging on by a fucking thread. Something's gotta give. As an indirect consequence of the pandemic, there are gonna be This Is My Blood column entries that just don't go anywhere. This is the fifth one I've written in two hours, trying to catch up. I just can't do it all the time.
I thought Old Speckled Hen was swell, with its notes of toffee to balance the bitterness, its half-inch head that didn't quit, its silly name (named, apparently, after a car, not a bird). It was fucking great. I could fashion some bullshit to talk about here, but I just really don't have time. I'm sorry. Allow me to skip out on my responsibilities like this maybe twice a month, okay? Just look the other way.
NOTES
BEER: Old Speckled Hen
GENRE: English Pale Ale
ABV: 5.2%
BREWED BY: Greene King / Morland Brewery
LOCATION: Suffolk, England
PURCHASED AT: IGA
PAIRED WITH: veggie lasagna
GRADE: 3.5 pukes out of 5
BEER COUNT: 170

1 comment:
actually feels a natural length for a beer take
https://yarn.co/yarn-clip/af47dea1-9a99-4f65-ab2c-d01e43f17110
Post a Comment