Prompt: "A song about sobriety"
Selected by Pam
"Sober"
P!nk
Funhouse, 2008
I had definitely heard this song before. Probably on the radio. But I never knew the title and I never really listened to the lyrics, so I had no idea this was a song about sobriety. I never really got into P!nk aside from her big hits, but she really impressed me when I saw this Grammy performance. I was like, "Damn! She's an entertainer." I don't think she's sober currently, as a quick Google search revealed a headline indicating that she drunkenly cut her own hair during the pandemic. Hey, no judgments here. I've soberly cut my own hair and it's never a good idea!! Anyway, this song is simple and effective, and in the comments section of YouTube, lots of people commented on how listening to it has helped them in their recovery.
No comments:
Post a Comment