Friday, July 21, 2023

Summer Song Challenge, Day 54: Fisher

Prompt: "A song that starts and ends with the same letter in its title"

Selected by Fisher


"Stick Me for My Riches"
Wu-Tang Clan
8 Diagrams, 2007

This album was uncharacteristically gifted to me by a friend. We have a good pocket of random rap songs/artists that we enjoy. There's a tremendous and tremendously titled docuseries on them, Of Mics And Men. I rewatched within two weeks max, which is quite rare. Fascinating story, wild characters. Check it out.

But this song has one of my favorite lyrics of all time. On the face it's plenty good, but the manner in which it is sung tickles the ever loving shit out of me. It almost feels like beatboxing. The whole album is not sooo good but I stand by like four or five songs pretty hard.

1 comment:

Fisher said...

I forgot to my "all-time" lyric. It is: "Tired of eatin' cheese sandwiches with no meat."