1. Were you happy with the reviews that were published? How do you feel about your week as Record Club captain?
Yes! It seemed like most folks got a kick out of it, and my goal was for us to have a little fun with something less serious. So all in all, mission accomplished.
2. How was the variety of opinions? A wide range, kinda samey, or somewhere in the middle?
I think it mostly ranged from, "I enjoyed how unserious this was and get what RuPaul is doing here" to "I shan't be fooled by this cash grab!"
3. Were there any differing opinions that made you view the album in a different light?
Not really in a different light, but Nate fully unintentionally dragged me with, "You ever notice how, sometimes, things that half-baked or limited in their effectiveness are protected by the label of 'camp,' with a defense of 'that's how it's supposed to be?'" It's me, hi, I'm the problem, it's me.
4. Was there anything about this album or this artist that you wished that people would've written about more?
I think we all spent a lot of time on RuPaul the artist, performer, TV show host, mogul, etc., and maybe a bit less on the music itself. Probably because it's not exactly "real" music.
5. How do you feel about your album choice now that the week is over? A success? Any regrets?
No RuGrets.
6. Any other takeaways from the reviews? Or from this experience in general?
[redacted] WON ALL STARS! JUSTICE REIGNS!!!!! [Editor's note: cannot believe I was spoiled by a fucking Record Club exit survey. I redacted the winner's name in case there's anyone reading this who hasn't seen it yet and does not want to be similarly spoiled.]
7. What is an improvement that Record Club can make that would enhance everyone's experience, either as a captain or as a listener/writer?
As always, the freedom to choose things without worrying if it's "cool" or "right." Just throw the proverbial spaghetti. IT'S CAMP!!!

2 comments:
Number 5 makes me laugh so hard.
Truly my only goal in life is to make other people laugh from ideas in my dumb brain ❤️
Post a Comment