Monday, July 10, 2023

Summer Song Challenge, Day 43: Fisher

Prompt: "A song that's so much better than 'Bohemian Rhapsody' that it honestly makes 'Bohemian Rhapsody' sound like the Mister Softee jingle"

Selected by Fisher


"Scenario"
A Tribe Called Quest
The Low End Theory, 1991

I got turned onto Tribe by the Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2 soundtrack (which will appear again). I randomly came across a song with the lyric "Bust a nut inside ya eye, to show ya where I come from." I damn near crashed the car I was driving, rapt by the brilliance.

I immediately updated Facebook with a status containing that lyric. Someone I barely knew gifted me with the answer. And now here I am satisfying a prompt with it. It all goes to show that I like this song and you probably already do, too.

2 comments:

Joe K said...

Realizing now that Nicki Minaj is quoting Busta Rhymes when she sings about "starting to feel like a Dungeon Dragon" in "Roman's Revenge." I really don't like Nicki Minaj, so this makes sense to me, that the one line of hers that has lived in my head isn't even actually hers.

Fisher said...

I had that realization too when that song hit.