I don't know about you guys, but the older that I get the more I want closed captions on when I'm watching anything. African Giant put me on an entire different level. Not only was I reading the captions as the songs were being played, but I STILL didn't understand what the hell he was saying.
I completely understand the task here. Let's jump into different music that someone wouldn't normally listen to. Let's especially pick something that the genre is very offbeat for the millennials that we, or at least I, am/are. But no matter how hard I try, I just can't get into African Giant.
And here's the worst part. The beat is fantastic. It almost doesn't matter that it was more of a job to read along with the songs. The instrumental portion is DOPE.
Burna Boy just isn't very good. At least to me. I'm probably in the minority here. I don't think he's the worst singer I've ever heard. He just has an almost autotune quality to him.
There were a couple songs I still enjoyed though. "Wetin Man Go Do," whatever it is he's go do, was enjoyable. It's probably because I'm a sucker for a repeated lyric. While it's happening I'm always complaining about that exact thing.
Cut to five hours later. I'm in the bathroom. I'm scrolling through Instagram. Out of nowhere I start bopping with, "Wetin Man Go Dooooo. Wetin Man Go Dooooo."
Why? Who knows.
To sum up. Catchy beats. Less than average vocals. And Wetin Man Go Dooooo
5 Burna Boy beats out of 10

No comments:
Post a Comment