I haven't listened to punk rock since I was a young teenager. Blink-182 and Green Day were what I would consider the peak of punk rock as of late. Patience had me wondering what kind of vibe Mannequin Pussy was about. With titles such as "Drunk II" and "Clams," I wasn't expecting much.
Maybe it's because I'm an old man now. Maybe it's because Mannequin Pussy reminded me too much of Evanescence. It definitely had its ups and down. There are clearly decent songs here though, and surprisingly, "Drunk II" wound up being my favorite.
I haven't gotten a chance to watch Mare of Easttown, but I could see how this band would fit in nicely. I wanted a bit more from MP though. Maybe it's worth checking out other things from them. For now though, I'll just get back on my own High Horse.

No comments:
Post a Comment