Sunday, September 15, 2019

Album of the Week: Future Me Hates Me

Another week of Record Club, another week of really sincerely fucking pressuring the album-picker to please please please write a review for the album so I don't look like an asshole. I am very appreciative to Mike for picking a great album. I am praying that he, with his three-week-old baby and full-time lawyer job, is able to bang out some semblance of a review, and follow Record Club's only rule ("album picker must write a review"). I would say something like "Mike used to write for PoYB back in the day but he stopped, and I'm glad he's going to start again," but I said that last month about Mandy, and we saw how that turned out. Mike, do us proud, man. Write a review. Make up for the fact that you deleted all your old PoYB blog posts when you decided you wanted to go to law school.

Archives to the right, new album below.

WEEK 33 — September 15-21, 2019

What we're listening to this week (Mike's pick):


ALBUM: Future Me Hates Me
ARTIST: The Beths

RELEASED: August 10, 2018

WHAT GENRE IS THIS: Indie pop rock

WHY MIKE PICKED IT: "It's what I was listening to on the beach, and with summer coming to a close, it feels like the perfect time for their mix of peppy garage rock with some of the most miserably introspective lyrics of the past year."

TRACKLIST:
  1. Great No One
  2. Future Me Hates Me
  3. Uptown Girl
  4. You Wouldn't Like Me
  5. Not Running
  6. Little Death
  7. Happy Unhappy
  8. River Run: Lvl 1
  9. Whatever
  10. Less Than Thou
READING SOME SHIT: Give Rolling Stone all the shit you want for supposedly being a dinosaur music magazine exclusively made for boomers, but every week when I google around for the READING SOME SHIT section, an interview pops up by this publication. The Beths, a decidedly non-boomer band, was no different.

Happy listening, fam! Have a great week!

No comments: